Nervos is building the infrastructure for the decentralized economy and we can’t do it alone. The Grants Program was created to empower innovation and development, and to support the growth of a diverse and thriving ecosystem.
Our long term vision for Nervos is to be fully decentralized in all aspects and community led. Part of our journey to achieving this is bootstrapping and empowering individuals, projects and teams who share a common vision for the network.
If you share our vision, and have the experience and skills to deliver on any project within the scope of a grant category currently open below - we invite you to apply for funding and join us as we build out the Nervos Ecosystem.
The categories and scope of the grants program will be broad and across all aspects of ecosystem development to allow anyone around the world the potential to join the community and help grow the Nervos Ecosystem.
Initial grants open for application focus on infrastructure building and developing the foundation from which the network and ecosystem can grow. Each grant category has a scope of work for that specific category to give guidance and recommendations for potential applicants. If you have suggestions for categories, scope of work, feedback or anything else, feel free to discuss in this thread.
Information on open grant categories and scope of work within each category is detailed below. This thread will be updated as more grants categories and scope open up through 2020 and beyond including:
- Infrastructure grants
- Marketing & community grants
- App and use case grants
- Sponsorship and promotion grants
- Scholarship, bursary, research and personal grants
Currently Open Grant Categories & Scope of Work
Dev Infrastructure scope of work
Light client protocol
- Sub-linear proof-of-work verification protocol that allows light client to sync block headers in sub-linear time
- State query protocol that allows light client to query any state from full node efficiently, securely and with privacy
Interoperability between Nervos CKB and Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Atomic Swaps
- Trustless cross-chain asset transfers
Crypto primitives transplanted to the CKB
- Hash functions that bridge different blockchains to verify their block headers and transactions, like keccak256 for etheruem
- Signature algorithms for various authorization scenarios, like BLS, Schnorr, RSA, and so on
Smart contract language and tooling
- Compilers which compile existing languages to ckb-vm executable
- Interpreters for existing languages which can run in ckb-vm
- DSL or framework designed specifically for CKB’s programming model to make generator/validator programming more convenient and secure
- Productivity tools such IDE, debugger, etc.
- Dynamic Linking for code reuse
- Open source mining pool project that allows miners to choose which transactions to include, e.g. a mining pool that supports Stratum V2 and/or BetterHash
CKB SDKs and Middleware
- SDKs for different languages
- Configurable and extensible transaction and cell parsers to facilitate dApp developers
UDT related ecosystem support
- UDT dev tools
- UDT examples & UDT-based dApp development
- Token Swap
- Payment Channel
- Hardware Wallet Integration
- High performance wallet (with auto swap stable coin, one click Nervos DAO)
NervosDAO related dApps