Nervosnetwork/ckb with the consensus changes (implemented as a hard fork upgrade for both Rylai and Nervos Mainnet).
Software company specializing in blockchain and cryptocurrency design. Founded in 2018 and has done work for ETC Labs, as well as non-profit work, and specifically presented FlyClient research at ETC Summit.
(Full RFC to come as per the stated grant process)
- Full node consensus changes
- flyproof generation and validation
- standalone validation module
- endpoints for flyproof requests and validation
- endpoints for transaction merkle proofs
- endpoints for state merkle proofs
- Client Side tooling
- Separate RFC writeup for light-client protocol based on FlyClient capabilities (implementation of which would not be included in this project)
Draft of the SoW are written up here
Although some of the above choices are up for debate, it’s advised this be done as a consensus change if that is currently feasible for the Nervos governance system. That would allow for the cleanest implementation, which would be safer, cheaper, and allow for more robust features to be built on top of it later.
The amount of extra data needed for full nodes is just 1 extra hash computation and storage per block currently ~60mb (likely a trivial amount for full nodes).
Uncle validation and reorgs may require special considerations to the data structure, although is not expected to be a significant blocker.