Wallet not Syncing

Hi Ash, Windows 10.

I have managed to get it running on my wives pc, so I guess not urgent now… still keen to sort it if possible.

Thanks

1 Like

I had the same problem. Had to download current c++

x64 vc_redist.x64.exe

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

I’m experiencing the same problem and all my mining profits are being sent to addresses in your wallet and the syncing stops at 143,809 every single time even when I clear cache. Can you guys try to eliminate this problem so that it works out of the box. Please help me get the basic wallet functionality working and synced.

v0.32.0-beta.1

MacOS

try one of these:

1. Download the latest version of ckb node, and run it independantly. Note you need to run the node before you launch Neuron so that it will not sync with its built-in ckb node.
  2. Download the a package from here and extract them in the ckb node directory.

#2 worked for me, thank you. The number is moving now… I assume indexing

spoke to soon “Sync failed, please check network”

Ok. So I’m trying to do both? In that I have downloaded the ckb node and also downloaded the data and extracted it into the ckb node’s data directory; will this magically update Neuron’s node stored at ~/Library/Application Support/Neuron/chains/mainnet/data ? or should I try copying it over from the separate node to the mainnet data directory. The separate node seems to be indexing just fine.

if you run the ckb node prior to running neuron, neuron will use the ckb node to connect to the network instead of starting its own internal node

Ah. I didn’t understand that, I killed the node before starting the wallet back up. When that didn’t work I removed the wallets entire data directory and copied over the nodes, which it is now indexing but at least the number of synced blocks is increasing.

I don’t know if it’s helpful but I retained the data directory that seems to get the wallet stuck.

have I screwed anything up by doing this?

i think it is ok, how is the sync progressing?

The most important thing is you have the keystore/12-phrase. Everything else is destructible.

So if things are still not working, try:

1. remove the `~/Library/Application Support/Neuron/
  2. re-install Neuron
  3. start the independant ckb node and keep it running
  4. start Neuron

And the heavens opened up. Thanks for the support.

Screenshot 2020-07-11 01.12.34

2 Likes

Same issue here with [0.101.0] for windows
cannot connect to start syncing
OS is win7 x64

downgrade to older version

0.101 is a future version

tried with 0.100 and 0.35 - no change

So a little more info on findings and what a done
Tried the following versions:
0.36.0-rc2
Windows firewall is disabled
Anti-virus software is disabled

Looking at netstat -an output i am seeing SYN_SENT staus of many packets while the wallet is running on port 8114, but in netmon i do not see any packets actually being sent through any interface on this port

tried installing version bot for my user only and for all users

Tried to manully run the ckb.exe but from GUI i get a message “vcruntime140.dll missing” despite i have VC++ redistributable version 2012 - 2017 and the dll is visible in bots system32 nd sysWOW64 folders. Reparing the vc++ installations didn’t help

Any ideas?

Hi

I use the AppImage package of Neuron under Arch Linux. I was using version 0.35 (didn’t do anything with the wallet in the last 2 months). It was working OK. I transferred some CKB to it and staked part of it without problems.

Two days ago, I decided to update it to the latest version (0.101.0). On the first run, this message appeared:

Please note that in order to adapt to the latest version of CKB, Neuron will resynchronize the data on the chain, and the whole synchronization may take a long time.

So I waited. Nothing happened. So I left the computer running the whole night. Still nothing happened.
I killed the process and restarted the wallet. This error appeared:

0:05:18.483 › Sync:ChildProcess: (node:190006) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8118
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1134:16)

00:05:18.483 › Sync:ChildProcess: (node:190006) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)
(node:190006) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I tried to downgrade to version 0.100.2. Same thing.

Then I went back to 0.35.0 and now I get this error:

00:17:51.350 › CKB: run fail: Config Error: Error { inner: ErrorInner { kind: Custom, line: Some(132), col: 0, at: Some(5213), message: missing field max_verify_cache_size, key:
00:17:51.350 › CKB: run fail: [tx_pool] } }

Any ideas of what to do?
Should I delete everything, install the latest version and use the seed phrase to get access?
Thanks in advance.