Nervos CKB testnet releases a new version approximately every two weeks (for more detail please check GitHub Release). The fifth and final round of our mining competition will have several stages tied to these releases, with no break during the round.
- Stage One started Oct 5th, and all the block rewards (base reward) before Oct 19th 6:00 UTC will be counted.
- Stage Two will begin 2019.10.19 6:00 UTC, immediately at the end of Stage One
- The first block with a timestamp larger than 2019.10.19 6:00 UTC will be the starting point of Stage Two.
- Also, CKB Blockchain explorer will need to upgrade and will be ready about two hours after the competition starts.
Total Reward:15,000,000 CKB(Mainnet Token)
Start: 2019.10.19 6:00 (UTC) UNIX Timestamp：1571464800
End：2019.11.2 6:00 (UTC) UNIX Timestamp：1572674400
Please review the rules below:
How to participate:
Because CKB v0.23 is compatible, you can seamlessly upgrade from v0.22.0 to v0.23.0. Please download CKB binary from GitHub Release, replace and restart the CKB node. ONLY those using the correct testnet version can participate in the mining competition.
- The final result will count all the main chain block during the competition period. Our consensus design uses a two-step confirmation, thus block rewards will have several blocks’ delay. We will count all the main chain blocks’ reward, no need to consider the delay.
- In CKB, the block reward contains four parts, only base reward will be calculated during the competition, to guarantee the fairness. In our consensus design, there are four parts of block reward: base reward, secondary rewards, commit rewards and proposal rewards. As secondary rewards are related to state occupation, and commit and proposal rewards are related to transaction, those rewards could be manipulated. Thus transactions, secondary rewards, commit rewards and proposal reward will not be counted in competition. ONLY base rewards will contribute to competition. For more detail you can check our consensus RFC.
- Addresses must have at least 1000 testnet token’s base reward to get mainnet token as reward. The native token CKByte represents state storage space on the Common Knowledge Base blockchain. A cell is the basic data structure in the blockchain, and you can put any arbitrary data in a cell. It requires 60 CKBytes to create a cell, thus one must have more than 60 CKB mainnet token as reward, or we can not sent the reward.
- CKB tokens rewards will be sent to the corresponding address in the genesis block when mainnet launches(No lockup). Addresses for the same private key might be different on testnet and on mainnet due to difference in algorithm. Participants only need to hold on to their private key to be able to claim rewards, so please keep it safe. Once mainnet launches, you can import private key to CKB wallet and claim the reward.
- Due to uncertainties during our testnet, the final result will be calculated according to the propotion of base reward each address mined. For example, during the competition if there’s totally 10M tokens’ base reward, Alice’s address get 1M tokens via base reward, then Alice can get 1/10 of the total mainnet token reward.
- During the competition, you can check CKB explorer for information like difficulty, transactions, hash rate, balance, etc. CKB-Mine-Lord website created by our community member to show the rank of all the addresses, you can check it to get your real-time rank, here is the code of this website for your reference. CKB explorer will be ready two hours after competition start.
- After the competition, we will organize the data and update the result to this website as soon as possible. The results are subject to the final data published on this website.
If you have any question, you are welcomed to post on Nervos Talk.
Things to Note
- This is the stage two of final round competition in a series. We may have future stages and may change the rules.
- In the previous round, some rewards are distributed to null address, which may caused by entering the wrong Lock Args. So please make sure everything is right when you are configuring.
- CKB tokens rewards will be sent to the corresponding address when mainnet launches. Please keep your privkey safe to get the reward.
- Addresses for the same private key might be different on testnet and on mainnet due to difference in algorithm. Participants only need to hold on to their private key to be able to claim rewards.
- Participation in this event means that you have read and understood the competition terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Due to US regulation, US citizens and US entities are excluded in this competition.
- Nervos Foundation reserves the right to change, amend and add new rules at any point during the competition and dis-qualify any participants who attempt to exploit, cheat or maliciously attack the test-net or competition. All decision made by Nervos Team are final.
- Participants will be responsible for any tax associated with rewards distributed. You can check mining competition website for detail.