Instructional Video Series showcasing the uniqueness of the Nervos blockchain, referenced by the Nervos Position Paper

this is a very good idea.

thanks!

thank you kindly!

I’ll elaborate in the scope but the basic idea is that I would treat the community as the client, so we would have an open doc for comment etc where people can submit ideas and make comments on the writing and description of features.

capacity is there more than ever :slight_smile:

Making them awesome will be equal parts narration style and content alongside great animated visuals - the idea is simply to make complicated concepts deliverable and consumable - which is what my team and I have been doing for 8 years +.

1 Like

I fleshed out the scope in the technical details - I hope that vision makes sense. It has to be a manageable way for the community to be involved while at the same time having some form of “governance”

I’d like to add that we opened the discussion to Reddit so we can implement the up-voting system .
I’d like to hear from people what they think before we move this forward to the grant proposal stage.

I think it’s time we have a community kick off meeting via zoom to get this moving forward.
Please let me know in this thread if you are interested so we can find a time that interested parties can participate in

1 Like

Don’t you think $60k is a little much for video production? Even creating the script and all that. Just seems a little high for the project. I can get the same task done with the same quality for less than 10k.

That’s a great question and I am happy you brought it up!
First of all it’s 5 videos, not one, that’s in important differentiation.
Second, the scripts are going to be community inspired, which means in reality, triple the amount of work just on the writing section alone.
Third, being that blockchain is a very “niche” space, it’s best that the video vendor has experience with the space.
Fourth, there is a premium when a vendor has to go through a grant process. this isn’t fiver, instant gratification is not in our favor :slight_smile:
Five - quality is only as good as the director and behind it, not just the execution of the visuals. We want to attract larger masses here
Six, - agency vs. freelancer. It would be better to have an agency involved so that the production runs smoothly - if we rely on one person, the project can end up taking way longer. We don’t want that. We want control and transparency all throughout.
Seven - length per video… the videos are longer than your average video.
Eight - English mother tongue - it will be helpful to have an American voice behind this, as one of the larger goal for attracting a NA audience is speaking their language/culture

I hope this answered your questions.

If you are also willing to do it, I am fully support you to write another better grants, tell everyone what you will do and show your higher cost-effective. :wink:

I think you missed - I am the one one who proposed the grant! :slight_smile:

Hey all, I put together an outline for what the content of the series could include. The goal is to create a series of short videos that outline the core value proposition of Nervos to a more advanced viewer. We have discussed Nervos with many devs and crypto community members, and the hardest thing is just getting someone to take a serious look at another L1 chain. So with that in mind this video series is really a great opportunity to increase adoption.

1. How can we make this a community driven process?
  2. What do you guys think of the proposed structure (~5 short videos)
  3. What do you think of the proposed content I have outlined below?
  4. Would you make any alternative content proposals?

Appreciate feedback!

We have proceeded with the discussion in a telelgram group here:

And I am logging the project progress here

It is a great idea, and I do think Nervos as a technically awesome Blockchain project, definitely needs to be complemented with rich and friendly tutorials.

Personally I prefer educational videos in below form, probably one of the best on youtube. Of coz it would require more efforts to produce.

How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio

1 Like

This is NOT worth $60k. End of story.

what would this be worth to you?

5k. Dont argue with me. The fact that the original money grab high ball offer wasnt accepted by the foundation tells the story. This was such a disrespectful offer. Dont take advantage of the foundation. Its cringe.

Your aggression implies you think I am somehow benefiting financially from the creation of this video or the budget, which is completely inaccurate. I suggest you join the telegram chat and help make this project happen in a high quality and cost effective manor. https://t.me/nervosvideoseries It would be helpful if you can help in the search for video production teams that make quality content at a price range you think is reasonable and bring them to the table. I am agnostic regarding who the community choses in the production stage of the project.

Here is an update on the project, would really appreciate your involvement making this happen. Please read this and share your thoughts https://medium.com/nervos-ckb-israel/nervos-community-video-july-2020-update-b08b10c421eb