Team and Background
I am the CEO and Creative Director at VideoSparks Ltd. An Israel based video production company - we specialize in animated and live action videos for tech companies globally. My production company has had many clients specifically in the Crypto space. Our creative thinking combined with our experience and knowledge of the complicated world that is block chain and cryptocurrencies make us an excellent candidate for video projects in this field.
Project and Justification
We want to create a series of animated videos for Nervos. The style of animation will be similar to this but all digital art and completed products will be in line with Nervos branding guidelines.
The objective with this video series is two-fold. 1) to help generate interest and build a larger community, using these videos as marketing collateral to gain said interest or introduce new people to Nervos. 2) to have a strong go to library that can can be utilized in the FAQ page or other documentation. These videos can be referenced/linked as general answers.
Technical Specification and Implementation
Animated Video production can be implemented in the following steps.
- scripts - scrips are delivered via google docs. Each script includes a column for narration as well as a column for description of visuals. I would like the Nervos community to play a critical roll in defining the scripts. this would act as a focal point for the community to come together and define the narrative, value and uniqueness of the NervOS blockchain.
- story-boarding - we first define overall look and feel while simultaneously creating “rough sketches” of all the scenes outlined in each script (given over via LookAt - visual collaboration software). Once approved - we move into full color HD images of ALL digital assets of the video (created in Adobe Illustrator but delivered via LookAt for revisions)
- voice over and animation - we give you some voice over artists to choose from and then we get to work, bring to life all the digital art we created for you and create the episodes. All animation is done in Adobe After Effects.
Idea for collaboration with the community:
We believe that using our standard system that we normally use with our clients but open it up to the community will allow for maximum value to represent Nervos. Obviously having EVERYONE make comments might become too overwhelming to we suggest a tiered filter system. Perhaps 2 community members will act as “filters” to comments as they come in, and they decide with me (creative director) which comments can make it to the draft and which ones (either for technical business, or scope reasons) will not make the draft. I’d imagine the process as follows:
- we have an “upvote” system for the topics of the 5 videos. For now we can start with @madcapslaugh suggestions but if others feel there are more important topics that need to be made into videos, we should have that voting in place until “X” date
- once concepts are approved - it will be my job to put out first drafts of the scripts
- once scripts are up, another google-doc will made for the community to make comments. It will be the job of the “moderators” to decide which comments can be put into the script and which ones cannot. Then we repeat the writing process until the scripts are approved by the moderators (and hopefully the majority of the community as well)
- we storyboard the entire script (ie turn the written text into awesome visuals) and go through a similar process as we did with the scripts.
- animation + ibid
The current idea is to produce five 3-minute videos that can summarize the MAIN ideas in Nervos Positioning Paper.
One other note - all original art can be requested by Nervos for future use in other marketing material such as landing pages, ads, etc…
Timeline / Roadmap
We can work on multiple videos at a time but assume the following timeline per video from start to finish.
Script - Approx 7 business days per script. we don’t move on to storyboard until script is approved
Storyboard - Approx 10 business days per storyboard, we don’t move on to animation until approved
Animation - Approx 14 business days per animation.
My assumption is that each video out of the 5 will start 3-8 days apart from one another so start to finish for this entire project is approx. 51 business days
Payment Schedule and Budget
Grant requested for this project is $60,000 USD.
Payment Schedule can be as follows:
- After initial approval, at project start : 10% of grant money
- Checkpoint 1 (project is 25% complete): 15% of grant money
- Checkpoint 2 (project is 50% complete): 25% of grant money
- Checkpoint 3 (project is 75% complete): 25% of grant money
- Project completed: 25% of grant money