[DIS] Telmo Talks - A Nervos Talk Show - Proposal

This is a good point, but also has it’s issues. What happens if a proposal is changed due to suggestions/feedback at the 6 day mark, do we then start the whole process over again?

There’s also the fact that people can’t ‘unlike’ a proposal after already likeing it, so they can’t change their mind even if they wanted to. (@JackyLHH Hi Jacky, on this point, is there a reason that ‘likes’ can’t be withdrawn and is this able to be changed?)

But there is still another full 7 days for the officical vote to take place, so there’s plenty of time for everyone to read the final proposal and make the decision that counts.

I also think the discussion phase does it’s job of generally gauging if the proposal is even worth taking to the next stage and I think in this particular case it’s obvious that it’s worthwhile. So I think it’s just going to make an already messy situation even worse if it’s withdrawn and made to restart again, everyone just needs to vote now IMO.

But maybe we need to clarify all the rules again and it might be a good idea that in every Proposal that’s in the Discussion phase that there is a reply made to the OP with a post detailing the important rules so that the person submitting the Proposal is fully aware of how the process needs to work going forward.

2 Likes

Hi Yeti, in most cases, yes, users can remove their likes. But I once encountered a proposal that could not remove my like (:heart:). Maybe it was caused by a bug.

Anyway, the primary objective of the discussion stage is to gather feedback from all users regarding their level of interest and support for the proposal. This step helps in assessing whether the proposal has enough backing to progress to the voting stage. Metaforo’s vote is the key to the decision-making.

2 Likes

Hi @T_Silva , thank you for clarifying the budget decisions. I understand and respect that budget is a personal decision, so I’m comfortable with the outcome.

Regarding the proposal’s voting timeline, Matt and I reviewed the situation and concluded that a new vote on Metaforo is not required. Thus, we’re proceeding with the current vote to determine whether or not to fund the proposal.

Moving forward, I’ll ensure to notify proposers well in advance to allocate a full 7 days for discussion, in compliance with the DAO’s guidelines.

4 Likes

Hi Jacky, I just realised that I was able to remove the like from a post immediately after liking it, but when I try doing this to the other posts I’ve liked in this thread, maybe a day or more old, it isn’t allowed, so maybe there is a time-limit for being able to do this.

1 Like

I’m also unable to remove. The ability to do so may be time-based.

1 Like

If the community passes your budget then I will still support your efforts to the best of my ability, but I am voting against the current proposal.

You talk about this “vision” you have, but you have failed to convey it in any meaningful way to justify this budget.

I have had two professional streamers look at your equipment list and they both believe it is far in excess of what is needed and justified at this stage.

Not only is most of the equipment overkill, some of it is completely unnecessary.

• A €450 wireless Lavalier mic is not needed except in in-person interviews, which you already said you would not do right now.
  • A €230 stream deck is unnecessary, and you don’t need the single most expensive one on the market.
  • €500 for sound isolation is likely unnecessary and even if you did need it there are plenty of kits for $50 or less.
  • €200 for a storage cabinet? This is just silly.

Your proposed equipment setup is more expensive than professionals who have produced thousands more videos than you have. This is excessive and wasteful.

3 Likes

In the short term, likes can be removed, but after a certain period, this option is disabled, which is reasonable to prevent fluctuating like data. If a retraction is necessary, you can request assistance from administrators in the comment section to retract likes.

3 Likes

The proposal doesn’t talk about how many episodes are included in this budget, which is problematic. The milestone only talks about the procurement part, and if that’s all, as @jm9k said, the proposal doesn’t make sense because the community doesn’t see the end goal (how many episodes of talks are aired).

So, I suggest @T_Silva clarify how many episodes of talks will be aired for this cost in the proposal as soon as possible. Thank you.

提案里没有谈到这个预算是包含多少期访谈,这是有问题的。里程碑里只说了采购这部分,如果仅此而已,正如 @jm9k 所言,这个提案是不合理的,因为社区没有看到最终的目标(播出多少集采访)。我建议 @T_Silva 尽快在提案里明确这笔费用播出多少集访谈。

4 Likes

Hello Neon and thank you for your most valuable feedback, it is much appreciated. At this time, the proposal will no longer be edited, to avoid causing further coonfusion. Regarding the equipment, it remains as listed in the initial proposal:

Camera(s):
Make and Model – 2x Canon EOS R50
Microphone(s):
Make and Model – 2x Shure SM7B
Make and Model – RØDE O Wireless PRO
Lighting Equipment:
LED strips + LED profiles and connections: Make and Model: generic.
Key light. Make and Model: 2x Elgato KEY LIGHT MK.2
Streaming assistance:
Stream Deck: Make and Model: Elgato STREAM DECK PLUS
Setup Customization:
Acoustic isolation. Acoustic foam and cork.
Storage cabinet.
Custom neon signs for Telmo Talks and Nervos.
Other promotional elements to establish a branded and visually appealing backdrop.
Total budget for the above mentioned elements: If you notice, the initial proposal details €5418, however, the total sum amounts to €5648, as can be verified in the original proposal. (My mistake).
In USD it totals 6,100, roughly. I also added a marketing component, hence the final value of 7500 USD. This latter amount will be used for promotional activities to promote the show as well as for personalized giveaways for the viewers.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions or feedback, feel free to ask, i am usually around, (maybe not on sundays :slight_smile: . I also appreciate your input on the remaining parameters. I fully agree that there is a lot to be gained from this experience with this process, and I welcome viewing my mistakes as an opportunity for improvement.

HI Jacky, I truly appreciate your input, and I will definitely be viewing the overall experience as a valuable opportunity for learning and growth.

Hello Jordan, and thank you for your feedback. It is valued, appreciated, and taken into consideration. Regarding the microphones you mentioned, they will serve multiple purposes, one of which is conducting in-person interviews. I did mention that I wouldn’t do it for now due to budgetary reasons because, as you can see, I’m not requesting a budget to travel and interview people in their countries. However, that doesn’t mean it won’t happen, and I do have plans for the first interview to be conducted in person already in May, so I do consider it necessary. As for the remaining items if they weren’t necessary, I wouldn’t include. Thanks once again for your feedback.

Hello Yixiu, and thank you for your feedback. The proposal, in general, aims to create a setup, an environment, and an image that inclusively showcases various personalities on the Nervos network. This includes individuals from the foundation, L1 and L2 projects, NFT artists, programmers, community members, and anyone else who has had an impact (current or past) on matters related to the Nervos network.

I attempted to outline a number of episodes, but the estimate would likely be unrealistic. What I can tell you is that once everything is ready and the lineup is aligned, we can expect at least one episode per week whenever there are guests and topics.
Hope the above help get some clarification on the topic. Thank you once again fo the feedback and the support.

你好Yixiu,感谢你的反馈。总的来说,该提案旨在创建一个设置、一个环境和一个形象,全面展示Nervos网络上各种个性。这包括来自基金会、L1和L2项目、NFT艺术家、程序员、社区成员以及任何其他对与Nervos网络相关事项产生过影响(当前或过去)的人员。

我尝试概述了一些剧集,但估计可能不太现实。我可以告诉你的是,一旦一切准备就绪,阵容对齐,我们可以预期每周至少一集,每当有客人和话题时。

希望以上内容能对您有所帮助,再次感谢您的反馈和支持。

Voting for the proposal is now live on the Metaforo platform. To ensure full comprehension and participation from our Chinese-speaking community, I am offering a Chinese translation of the original English proposal found on Metaforo. This effort is aimed at empowering our Chinese community members with all the necessary information to engage in the voting process effectively on the Metaforo platform.

这份提案的投票目前正在 Metaforo 平台进行当中。为了确保我们中文社区的小伙伴能够充分理解并参与投票,我根据 Metaforo 上的英文提案翻译了一个中文版本。希望能为中文社区的小伙伴们提供必要的信息,以便大家前往 Metaforo 平台参与投票。

Metaforo 上的投票链接:[VOT] Telmo Talks - A Nervos Talk Show

Nervos 访谈节目 Telmo Talks 的赞助提案

平台: Youtube,X,Spotify

主持人: Telmo

X: https://twitter.com/tecmeup

Telegram: @telmobit

联合主持人: Albert Tang

X: https://twitter.com/apltang

Telegram: @apltang

大家好,我叫 Telmo,是 Nervos Network 的长期支持者。我一直积极参与社区活动,特别是那些涉及 NFT、社区建设及促进交流的活动。2023 年,我构思了 Telmo Talks 这档视频访谈节目,并成功举办了一次试播,获得了社区的热烈反响。尽管如此,受到资源限制和设备不足的影响,后续节目不得不延期。

观看访谈 57U 的试播节目: https://www.youtube.com/live/4eHjExt4rpg?si=Z6E7b7kNVXLfLZQo

在过去的几个月里,我看到 Nervos 社区的凝聚力和团结精神在显著增强。我有幸与两位极具热情的小伙伴合作,他们不仅是我的同事,更是朋友。社区对我的付出给予了积极反馈,这进一步坚定了我继续推进 Telmo Talks 视频访谈节目的决心。因此,我起草了这份提案,希望能得到大家的支持,用更专业的设备弥补以往的不足,以新的活力重新启动这档视频访谈节目。

提案概述

我提议重启 Telmo Talks 这档视频访谈节目,并在 YouTube、X 和 Spotify 等多平台播出。我计划从三月起,每周播出一期。初期将采用在线访谈的模式,未来计划安排面对面的访谈。这档节目旨在成为分享 Nervos 相关新闻、进展、活动和见解的平台,让更多的人(包括 Nervos 生态中的新用户)了解 Nervos。

在此过程中,我将会得到 Albert Tang 和 Vivek Iyer 的帮助,他们都是社区的资深成员。Albert 将担任联合主持人,参与脚本、指南和视频制作。Vivek 也将参与这些工作。

我们高度重视所有工作的透明度和真实性,所以我们不使用昵称,公开真实身份,并提供详细的背景信息,以便大家了解我们。

节目的核心理念

Telmo Talks 这档视频访谈节目的核心内容,是与社区里的不同人士互动,包括开发人员、基金会成员、社区管理员、有影响力的社区成员,以及聚焦项目和 NFT 的艺术家。我们的目标是避免使用过多的专业术语,将重点放在使话题通俗易懂上,从而制作出能引起广泛共鸣的节目。

这档节目致力于创建一个轻松的对话平台,使人们得以相互交流。每期节目都将给观众提供机会,让他们了解更多关于嘉宾、嘉宾的项目以及嘉宾当前感兴趣的其他话题。为保持节目内容的流畅性和贴近观众兴趣,每次访谈前我们都会进行充分的准备,确保要讨论的话题保持一致性。

在节目时长上,我们的目标是每期节目控制在 30~45 分钟,具体时长将根据涵盖话题的深度和数量灵活调整。我们的终极追求是确保每一期节目都简洁精悍,内容引人入胜且充满趣味性。

嘉宾和话题

到目前为止,我们已经与众多嘉宾取得了联系,其中包括 Matt Quinn、Tannr、57U、Neon(NFT Nation)、Rabbit、Jordan Mack、Nevdex、Nervapes 的 Rory 以及多位 NFT 艺术家。他们都是大家所熟知、喜爱和尊敬的 Nervos 社区成员。话题将覆盖嘉宾介绍、项目讨论、个人经历、行业见解及社区探索等。每期节目都将精心准备,确保内容连贯、引人入胜。

预算

根据反馈,我们调整了预算,总额为7500美元,包括基础设备、场景布置、宣传活动和赠品。具体包括:

1. 专业的相机: 用于远程或面对面采访。
  2. 专业的麦克风: 录音室级麦克风,以及用于现场采访的无线领夹式麦克风。
  3. 灯光设备: 对于提升视频质量和营造专业氛围至关重要。
  4. Stream Deck: 用于直播的控制台。
  5. 耳机: 确保通信清晰无误。
  6. 场景布置: 包括隔音处理、储物柜、印有 Telmo Talks 和 Nervos 标志的霓虹灯以及其他品牌推广元素。
  7. 赠品: 比如印有 Telmo Talks 和 Nervos 标志的小礼品。

第一印象很重要,我们的目标是打造没有干扰的专业化环境,展现专业精神,避免给人留下业余印象。我们注重设备的耐用性和可靠性,虽然低成本设备有时也能达到不错的效果,但我认为在这方面偷工减料会影响整体效果。我个人更倾向于一次性投资高品质设备,避免频繁升级。我相信,拥有合适的工具将有助于项目的成功和长久发展。

里程碑分解和时间表:

1. 装备购买和设备调试:
    • 包括购买所有必要设备和材料,如相机、麦克风、灯光设备、Stream Deck、耳机以及场景布置所需的物品,比如隔音装置和灯具。
    • 这一里程碑的预算:3500 美元
  2. 场景布置:
    • 包括完成工作室环境布置,安装灯光设备、配置视听设备,以及定制物品的布置。
    • 这一里程碑的预算:2000 美元
  3. 开始直播:
    • 标志着节目正式启动,预算将用于在 YouTube、X 和 Spotify 等平台播出的费用,宣传、市场推广和赠品相关开销。
    • 这一里程碑的预算:2000 美元

时间表:(仅供参考,实际时间需提案通过后确定)

• 提案批准日期: 2024 年 2 月 24 日(项目开始日期)
  • 设备和其他购买物品的安装完成日期: 2024 年 3 月 2 日
  • 第一期节目的上线日期: 2024 年 3 月 17 日

鉴于资金需求迫切,我们建议一次性拨付整个预算,但最终决定权归 DAO 委员会。

长期可持续性

关于我们为 Telmo Talks 所做工作的报酬问题,我们不会要求社区提供任何报酬。我们将竭尽全力为社区服务,只要这档节目保持其相关性并受并广受欢迎,我们便会持续不懈地支持。

在项目的可行性方面,我们的团队成员分布在葡萄牙、美国和澳大利亚三大洲。这样的分布使我们能够有效地运行一个几乎永不停歇的项目,让我们能够随时了解最新进展,及时通知对方,以及迅速解决任何待办事项。

就项目的长期可持续性而言,我们的目标是通过 YouTube、Spotify 和 X 创作者计划所产生的收入,加上 Telmo Talks 相关产品的广告收入,来确保这档节目的可持续发展。我们通过建立专业的组织架构和频繁更新内容,期望吸引与我们愿景和价值观相契合的广告商、赞助商和捐赠者。

对于 Telmo Talks,我们的远景是参与各种加密货币会议并进行现场采访。然而,必须强调的是,这是一个长期目标,它的实现依赖于我们从访谈中获得可观的经济回报,这意味着它可能不会像我们希望的那样很快就实现。

因此,我们诚挚地希望大家深思熟虑后可以投下赞成票,我们憧憬着这样的机会。

2 Likes

谢谢你,Jacky。毫无疑问,你的翻译比在线翻译工具更准确。Thank you!

Updates (Feb 29, 2024)

Hi @T_Silva , the budget for this proposal has been fully paid :point_down:

https://explorer.nervos.org/transaction/0x09b6c890badf5478745b7df4b0bd2b91bac97fd2483067d8d7867e259d587567

4 Likes

Hi @JackyLHH,I confirm it has been made. Time to get to work. Thanks :blush:

我确认已经付款了。是时候开始动手工作了。谢谢。

3 Likes

I made an application to Nervos grants and after submitting I received a message to expect a response within one week

I applied last week and I thought to ask here to know about the current status of my application

Thank you

Hi @BaaniBenjamin , I am not in charge of Nervos grants. As far as I know, Nervos grants have been suspended. There are currently 2 channels to apply for sponsorship:

If the budget is not particularly large (e.g. less than $500k), I would suggest you apply for funding from the CKB Community Fund DAO. Thanks.

2 Likes

Update: The CKB Eco Fund website is live :point_right: https://ckbeco.fund

1 Like

Oh okay
So my first application doesn’t hold anymore?
I will apply to the CKB Community Fund DAO
Thank you sir

1 Like