[DIS] Nervos Nation community grant proposal

Great proposal, I think the funding amount is more than reasonable, especially the staffing costs and the educator program, there is no doubt we will bet getting the value there.

And the videos already produced are top shelf, so while the amount per video might seem high at first glance, I think the fact that they mostly talk about the structural parts of CKB means they will remain relevant for years to come and the value is ongoing.

1 Like

Hey @plurBUDDHA, thanks for your input and kind words

It’s a great question.

The main purpose of the videos is education, and breaking down complex topics associated with Nervos (there’s many) into something easier to understand. The explainer format is mostly aimed at being easy on the eye and giving some visual representation to the topics discussed.

As a slight tangent: when the Nation team was shortlisting an animation team for the videos (end of 2021), we looked at quite a lot of candidates through Upwork. The standards were of varying quality, most were slightly cheaper but the animations weren’t as crisp and looked more amateurish. Where Brightbulb stood out was that the animation quality was good, and the transitions from one scene to another were good. The latter was important to me as it gives everything much more of a professional feel.

I know what you mean about being more visually distinct. Ahrom’s videos (he’s the video whiz at Nervos) have that cinematic and glitzy appeal which is great for marketing and captivating the audience. I feel like it’s ok for the explainers to not be quite like that because the main aim is to convey the concepts effectively. Sometimes explainers can seem a bit samey as there seems to be a particular formula, but another plus for me was that they created their own visual assets from scratch (not taking from a library or reusing assets).

The other thing when weighing up the value, which is what @Yeti pointed out, is that these videos will hopefully be useful to future people who take an interest in Nervos - a lot of the information that relates to the core architecture will be relevant for months or years to come.

The other bit of added value, is that the main Nervos Network Youtube account has taken many of the existing Nation videos and spliced them into bitesize clips that cover specific points, which it then publishes on its own account and creates content around. So each video - because of the focus on content and quality - does spawn many additional content pieces for the Foundation and community to use.

Lastly, one of the things the recent videos have been missing is a bit of ad support. For the earlier videos I did run some google ad campaigns which brought in more views (I don’t know how many of those views were actually good quality leads - promoted videos had a slightly higher percentage of dislikes :smiling_face_with_tear:) which was partly reimbursed and partly I paid for it myself, but reimbursements stopped when the videos started being spliced and put on the main channel and I couldn’t really continue to fund ads myself. So that’s the other thing this proposal addresses - use of google ads to improve the visibility of the videos (I also think subconsciously people are more attracted to click videos that already have a large number of views)

Edit: for some reason it didn’t reply to your comment directly

Appreciate the clarification. Even as I was writing my comment I wanted to provide a specific suggestion but it was hard to identify something that provides that same level of simple educational intake but with a touch of Ahrom’s glitz for the marketing aspect.

I gravitate towards getting my knowledge from the research papers and write ups like the recent metabolism post by Janx so I’m out of the loop when it comes to how the video content is utilized. So it’s good to hear that it’s creating content across multiple layers of the community.

1 Like

You can contact one of the team members on Telegram or Twitter

Just made several modifications to the CN transaltion (as online translators are not 100% reliable :smile:), to help Chinses readers understand the proposal better.

对中文翻译做了一些修改(因为在线翻译不是 100% 靠谱的:smile:),以帮助中文读者更好地理解本提案。

[DIS] Nervos Nation 社区申请 grant 的提案

简要总结

这是 Nervos Nation 向 CKB Community Fund DAO 申请 grant(拨款)的提案。该提案的目的是在现有的教育和社区发展的基础上,做进一步的建设。

资助的活动 - (1) 高质量的解说视频,(2) 在社交媒体上开展的社区活动和宣传,(3) AMA 活动,让搭建在 Nervos 上的项目,能被大众更好地理解,拥有更高的透明度。

Grant 的使用期限 - 3 个月,之后可以审查进展情况,以及申请后续的资助。

Grant 的金额 - 37,500 美元(= 10,339,123.24 CKB @ 0.003627 UTC 10:00 AM,25/01/2023,数字将在 1 周后更新)。以下是全部内容。

使命宣言

“Nervos Nation” 是一个由长期投资者组成的社区,他们对 Nervos Network 未来的成就充满信心。Nervos Nation 由成熟的社区成员组成,是 Nervos CKB 背后的一个非营利性社区,旨在解决 Nervos 快速发展的生态系统中出现的多种需求。

1. 社区教育

Nervos Nation 的核心倡议是教育,让社区能够以通俗易懂的方式了解 Nervos 的优势。一个信息丰富的社区,可以更好地帮助大众学习 Nervos 的相关知识。

目前,Nervos Nation 正在通过系列的解说视频和图表开展社区教育。现有的视频(https://www.youtube.com/c/NervosNation)如下:

• Interoperability: Why Nervos Network will be Key to Crypto Mass Adoption(互操作性:为什么 Nervos Network 将成为加密货币大规模采用的关键)
  • Nervos Network is the NEXT BIG platform for blockchain developers: 5 reasons why(Nervos Network 是区块链开发者的下一个大平台:5 大原因)
  • Nervos Network CKB Tokenomics: The Best in Crypto?(Nervos CKB 的经济模型:最好的加密货币?)
  • UTXO Alliance: How Nervos Network is working with Cardano and other UTXO blockchains(UTXO 联盟:Nervos Network 如何与 Cardano 以及其他 UTXO 区块链合作)
  • Layer 1 Explained: Nervos Network’s Common Knowledge Base (CKB)(L1 介绍:Nervos CKB)
  • Nervos Network Solves the Blockchain Trilemma: Layer 2s Explained(Nervos Network 解决了区块链不可能三角:L2 的介绍)

正在制作中的视频:

• Understanding Nervos Network’s “Cell Model”: A Deep Dive(深入理解 Nervos Network 的“Cell 模型”)
  • NC-MAX: The Engine that Powers the Nervos Consensus Model(NC-MAX:为 Nervos 共识机制提供动力的引擎)

这项提案将把上述的教育工作纳入更全面、通用的方法中,让社区平台面向更广泛的受众。目标是继续平均每月制作一个教育视频。

未来计划中的视频包括:

• Explainer on CKB-VM and its use of RISCV(CKB-VM 的介绍及其对 RISCV 的使用)
  • The life of a CKB transaction(一笔 CKB 交易的生命周期)
  • Explainers of key ecosystem projects such as Dotbit, JoyID, Axon(.bit、JoyID、Axon 等重点生态项目的讲解)
  • “Why CKB” - the ultimate elevator pitch(“为什么选择 CKB”——极简介绍)
  • The long term economic model and issuance schedule of CKB (CKB 的长期经济模型和发行机制)

2. 通过草根运动来扩大社区

在社区中发现的一个关键问题是,社区本身的规模仍然相对较小,而且 Nervos 并不经常出现在社交媒体平台的加密货币会谈中。因此,提高整个社交媒体对 Nervos Network 优点的认识,进一步扩大社区,是非常重要的。Nervos Nation 旨在通过各种方式带头推动这一进程:

• Nervos Nation 定期举办的 Twitter Space 活动,以面向社区的关于 Nervos Network 的讨论为主。目前的频率是每月一次。

• Nervos Nation 的电报群。

• Nervos Nation 的网站,将提供与 Nervos 生态相关的所有最新信息(www.nervosnation.com - 还在开发中)。

• 在各大社交媒体平台上亮相(Telegram、Reddit、Twitter、Stocktwits、Instagram)。

• 比赛/抽奖

• 在 Youtube(谷歌广告)和 Twitter 上付费推广内容。

社区教育工作者

通过激励性的宣传机制,Nervos Nation 旨在发起和动员一场有效的草根运动(“社区教育工作者”),从而能够在 Twitter、Reddit、Telegram、Stocktwits 和其他平台上有效地、相互配合地宣传 Nervos。为了让更多人加入社区,外联工作将是一个漫长但必不可少的过程,这样才能增加我们的社会媒体上的存在感。

为此,Nervos 社区中有一群坚定的积极分子可以利用。该提案包括目前基金会开展的社区教育工作者计划(A 级),以及创建新的社区教育工作者等级以提高该计划的可行性(B 级)。这两种等级的设置以绩效为基础; 每月跟进社区教育工作者的表现。表现最好的社区教育工作者(由下面的 KPI 来确定)会被分配到 A 级。这会激励他们积极进取,成为表现最好的人。

社区教育工作者将使用 Notion 平台来分配每周的目标,并接受每月的绩效评估。要评估的 KPI 包括:在社交媒体上推广 Nervos 的帖子总数、推广 Nervos 和社区正在进行中的活动的帖子数量、针对 KOL 和大 V 的帖子数量。

3. 提高 Nervos 生态中新项目的曝光率

社区成员有充分了解 Nervos 生态的建设者、参与新项目的需求。以社区为导向,我们相信我们可以为这些项目提供报道:

• 通过科普教育,让社区成员能够更多地了解项目细节(这是 "DYOR "的重要辅助手段)。
  • 让建设者、项目负责人有机会直接与社区接触,让社区成员对项目产生兴趣。

希望这样做可以提高项目的透明度,让社区拥有更多的考察机会。在加密世界经常出问题的背景下,这样做最终会使各方受益。

我们的愿景是让我们在社交媒体上的存在成为一种社区资源,和不断壮大的 Nervos Network 生态系统在下一阶段同步增长。将通过以下几种方式来实现:

• 文字版 AMA
  • 邀请嘉宾参与 Nervos Nation 的 Twitter space 活动
  • 在社交媒体上发帖,提高知名度
  • 指南/教程
  • 点评

上述的某些服务还可能涉及制作相关的“自有品牌”海报,指派一名已被认可的成员协助项目的社区管理,将 AMA 的信息整理成博客或者文章。

对于任何此类曝光,我们都会做出以下免责声明:

免责声明:Nervos Nation 不为任何基于 Nervos 的项目站台,我们也不提供财务建议。我们的目标是通过 AMA 和文档提供必要信息,提高社区的参与度和项目的透明度。任何财务决策均由做出这个决策的个人全权负责。

4. 去中心化社区之路

社区驱动的基础设施的发展,是走向去中心化道路的必要步骤。它代表着 Nervos Network 发展的责任从基金会逐渐转移到更广泛的社区。这项提案为社区创造了一条继续其工作和扩大其运营规模的路径。提案通过后,Nervos Nation 在财务上自给自足,有可能以 DAO 的形式进一步分散化运营,资金可以直接分配给社区项目。

团队成员

Nervos Nation 首先是一项社区运动。有一个核心团队来推动上述目标的实现。核心团队由成熟的社区成员和长期的 Nervos 推广者构成,他们大多数活跃在 Telegram 和 Twitter 上。

Neon - 内容创作者(设计图表和制作解说视频)。 Twitter

OGChris - Nervos Nation 电报群的管理员和 Twitter Space 主持人。Twitter

Kevin - Nervos Nation 电报群的管理员,AMA 问题收集者和主持人,Nervos Nation Twitter 账号的负责人。Twitter

Renny - Nervos Nation 电报群的管理员,AMA 问题收集者和主持人,以及负责外联和商务合作。Twitter

Crooked - Nervos Nation 电报群的管理员,科普教育项目负责人。Twitter

Stuart - 全栈开发者,平面设计师。Twitter

预期的每月费用

Nervos Nation 制作的解说视频

每个视频的平均成本为 5,500 美元(以前那些质量极佳的视频都是 BrightBulb Animation 制作的),预计每月输出 1 个视频。这些视频将介绍 Nervos 的各种基本要素。Neon 负责视频脚本的撰写、导演和 V/O。

找谷歌在 YouTube 中插入广告,推广视频的成本为 400 美元。

Nervos 生态项目 AMA

支付 250 美元给组织此活动的团队成员(估计每两周一次),工作包含联系 AMA 嘉宾、收集问题、宣传 AMA、举办 AMA 以及撰写回顾文章等。

比赛/抽奖

每月在社交媒体上进行抽奖的预算为 100 美元。

社区教育工作者

A 级 - 从 Nervos 基金会转来的社区教育工作者

每人每月 400 美元,有固定的工作量和 KPI,通过 Notion 进行管理。估计最开始有 5 名固定的 A 级社区教育工作者,即每月 2000 美元。

B 级 - 新加入的社区教育工作者

每人每月 200 美元,有固定的工作量和 KPI,通过 Notion 进行管理。估计最开始有 15 名固定的 B 级社区教育工作者,即每月 3000 美元。

团队成员的费用

每人每月 250 美元,一共 4 人(OGChris, Kevin, Renny, Crooked)

(Neon 将停止领取 Trailblazer 的报酬($600),其报酬已包括在解说视频的支出里了。Stuart 将根据他的内容贡献而获得报酬。)

每月总费用:12,500 美元

3 个月的总费用:37,500 美元

撰写本文时等值的 CKB 数额:10,339,123

资金的保管问题

根据使命宣言,我们的目标是帮助、激励社区的持续发展和教育,并利用资金来实现这些目标。申请的资金,一部分将兑换成稳定币,以防止市场波动。这些资金将保存在一个多签钱包中(2 of 3)。在 L1 多签钱包创建之前,CKB 将保存在一个共享的 L1 账户中。稳定币与 CKB 的比例为 70:30。所有的钱包地址都将公开。

资金如有盈余,将做为储备金,在未来几个月用于增加内容或社区教育工作者的支出。3 个月的资助期结束时,将制作账本,以保证透明度和问责制。

3 Likes

Hi @neon.bit, just a friendly reminder, if you wish to continue to move the proposal forward, you can choose to create a poll on Metaforo . If you do, please follow the tutorial on CKB Community Fund DAO Rules and Process to submit a voting stage proposal, thanks.

Hi @neon.bit,友情提示,如果你希望继续推进提案,你可以选择在 Metaforo 上创建一个投票。 如果你这样做,请按照 CKB Community Fund DAO 规则和流程 中的教程,提交 voting stage 的提案,谢谢。

1 Like

Update: Voting is now live on
https://dao.ckb.community/thread/vot-nervos-nation-community-grant-proposal-42128

更新:投票现已开始
https://dao.ckb.community/thread/vot-nervos-nation-community-grant-proposal-42128

2 Likes

Just a quick note to say thank you to the community for your vote of confidence in us. It means a lot to us. :heart:

We’ll take the next 1-2 weeks to build up the list of educators. I will post monthly progress updates in a separate thread.

7 Likes

@neon.bit Congratulations! :tada:

The Funds Management Committee of CKB Community Fund DAO has paid the disbursement, transaction link​:point_down:

https://explorer.nervos.org/transaction/0x036588e50750d3fb69a25fa9e982dad852d9c3392a0fa8e47c84be7118cad5a8

@neon.bit 恭喜!:tada:

CKB Community Fund DAO 资金管理委员会已支付拨款,付款链接 :point_down:

https://explorer.nervos.org/transaction/0x036588e50750d3fb69a25fa9e982dad852d9c3392a0fa8e47c84be7118cad5a8

1 Like

@JackyLHH @plurBUDDHA Maybe we should track the 10M CKB fund given to this guy? Nothing happened after two months.

You can follow progress here:

Our educator scheme is currently live since the beginning of this month, and videos are in progress (in fact one was published yesterday if you paid attention). Anyone in the community can verify this.

I will not be responding any further to low-effort anonymous trolls who have no contributions to the community except bitterness.

Funny, low quality videos with bad narration plus education scheme no one barely heard about cost $40,000 - $80,000? Unbelievable. Absolutely fraudulent.

What are you talking about? If you was a proper Nervos Investor you’d know that Nervos Nation has been the main community in the west for over a year and you would have seen the videos that have been produced. The TG isn’t new lol the videos pumping out soon though will justify the money. Educators are already creating engagement on Twitter. Again you’d know all this if you were part of the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why don’t you guys post proof for the payment? (Receipts, bills for the video production)

Again, they will talk about privacy etc, because they can’t prove the cost of making the video.

The invoices paid out will be documented of course. You want us to publish invoices before we’ve paid people? :joy:

Also we are all well known within the community and within Nervos Foundation :wink: and attend regular meet ups and fly to other countries with the team to seminars and other such official stuff :wink:

One of our team works at the foundation :metal:t2:

4 Likes

Going to need you to be more cordial on this forum sir

1 Like

It’s fair to ask questions about usage of grant funds but you need to do so in a socially acceptable way.

Clean it up or you will be banned.

3 Likes

Thanks Matt

It goes without saying, everything we do is on-chain and visible to anyone who wishes to follow. And where each dollar of grant funds is spent will be accounted for. Not to appease anyone, but because we set that standard ourselves at the very beginning.

If anyone thinks they can create better content: please do so and show us all how it’s supposed to be done. I’ve been saying for years in the community that we need more people to stand up and show initiative, leadership and build what the community needs. We need less armchair critics, less entitled complainers, and more doers.

8 Likes