为什么OMIGA一打铭文,CKB出块时间会变的这么高?

有没有人解释下为什么OMIGA一打铭文,CKB出块时间会变的这么高,从不到10秒到四十多秒了,另外出块奖励原来好像减半后是在500到900之间现在到3000多了,我知道很多人在刷脚本打铭文,但是不太清楚这中间的必然的逻辑是什么?

有没有哪位伙伴了解的

block time is adjusted to target an orphan rate of 2.5%, the bigger blocks are leading to more orphans, so difficulty is adjusting to slow the network down

10 seconds is just an average of what the network has ran at, it’s not the target block time

Epoch time is targeted at 4 hours and amount of ckb rewarded per epoch is the same, there is a different number of blocks per epoch (this is the design of nc-max). If there are less blocks in an epoch, there is a larger reward per block.

2 Likes

Thanks for your explanations matt!

意思就是每个epoch的时间和矿工奖励大致是相同的,而出块的时间和奖励在动态调整,其主要目的是控制孤块的比率?

如果短时间有太多交易量了,就容易产生较大的区块,而大的区块又容易导致高孤块率,孤块率高的时候网络会调整挖矿难度来降低CKB网络的吞吐量,从而维持一个适当的平衡。。

不知道理解的对不对?

不过这好像倒也解释了最近好多小伙伴在电报里问的一个问题,就是为什么那么多空块矿工在挖

Yes your understanding is correct.

Regarding the empty blocks, I don’t have an explanation at the moment, but the core devs were researching the issue. It seems there is something that goes wrong in the block building process, from what I can see there is no reason why those blocks should be empty.

The consensus protocol is designed so that all of the transactions that are included in a new block are already verified by other nodes. Additionally, because of the cell model, there is no reason that a miner should mine an empty block even if they are waiting to verify certain transactions.

This is because a transaction specifies inputs and outputs, unlike Ethereum transactions which only specify transaction inputs. (To my understanding) Sometimes miners would mine empty blocks in ethereum (if they could not verify all of the transactions in the previous block) to eliminate the risk that they produced a block with an invalid state transition.

This is a great discussion and I am looking forward to seeing what the research about those empty blocks produces. It seems like NC-Max (CKB consensus protocol) is really designed to show its value under congestion situations.

2 Likes

期待研究结果。。

虽然OMIGA上的第一个铭文MEMES出了点小插曲,但是这个小漏洞导致大家由手搓改为竞相跑脚本打铭文,对CKB来说是一次难得的大压力测试。塞翁失马,焉知非福。

CKB在经过重重考验后一定会越来越好!

2 Likes