As mentioned, we are interested in collaboration with Nervos Network in the following areas:
Education and Training
I have expanded on each point below and look forward to hearing your feedback:
Research: There are endless opportunities that can drive a research project in this field. In brief, our Research Team at University of Nicosia’s Institute For the Future (IFF) has been researching/exploring different aspects of the technology ranging from research work on consensus algorithms (stress testing, simulation scenarios, and benchmarking), challenges that relate with interoperability, to DAOs and smart contracts. In addition, on the application level we have been dealing with the challenges of data analytics on the blockchain and how to relate them with the use of AI and ML techniques
Education/ Professional Training Courses: We are widely regarded as one of the leaders in online blockchain and digital currencies education and great believers that education will drive mass-adoption of the technology. We have been pushing to bridge this gap since 2014 with our free MOOC course taught by world leading experts Andreas Antonopoulos and Antonis Polemitis, and attended by over 35,000 students since 2014. Furthermore, University of Nicosia was the first University in the globe to launch a full accredited MSc academic degree program taught online in English (MSc in Digital Currency, March 2014).
We would love to collaborate with you in the professional training sector. We are already offering a wide range of courses that we are looking into expand even further to a more software engineering pathway. Please get a glimpse here.
· We are interested in discussing creating and offering Nervos Network<>UNIC joint courses/training.
· We occasionally invite our partners as guest lectures on our MSc Digital Currencies and Professional Training courses – we are open to hearing your suggestions on both your people and topics if this may be of interest.
Community Building: As part of our community building activities in the blockchain space, we embrace the development of innovative projects that are based on, or inspired by core blockchain technology. We believe that this aligns with your philosophy and vision, it would be great if we could explore opportunities in this front. With regards to community building activities we have been giving back to the community by organizing Decentralized Chapters and an annual leading International Conference called Decentralized. Decentralized is the world’s premier conference on blockchain and digital currencies. Please see the video from last year’s event to give you an idea.
· We invite Nervos Network to participate at Decentralized 2020: It is an honor and a pleasure to invite you to participate at Decentralized 2020 – I look forward to working with you to customize your participation package that will provide desired exposure plus fit in with your budget.
Why work with us?
University of Nicosia aims to position itself as an interface between academic education and research with deep roots in the blockchain ecosystem . We are,
· a University that has been engaged with the ecosystem and the community since 2013;
· an institution that has been in the forefront of research on distributed ledgers, spanning from (but not limited to) underlying data structures, incentivization models, and on consensus algorithms;
· an institution that is offering the World’s First Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on blockchain and cryptocurrency for free, supporting the community and bridging the educational gap. This course is taught by world leading experts Andreas Antonopoulos and Antonis Polemitis, and attended by over 35,000 students since 2014;
· the first University in the globe to launch a full accredited MSc academic degree program taught online in English (MSc in Digital Currency, March 2014);
· an institution that was recognised as the “Biggest Contributor to the Rise of Blockchain in 2018” held in RAI, Amsterdam, on 26-27 June 2018;
· an institution that has been active in the development and exploration of real-world uses of the technology, such as, the issuance of academic certificates onto the Bitcoin blockchain (since September 2014);
· an institution that is agnostic to any particular distributed ledger framework and invites collaborations with any entity that aims to push further the development of the field. One of the goals of IFF is to create a decentralized alliance for research by inviting Universities, Institutions, and/or individuals researchers (PhD Candidates, Post-docs) to undertake research challenges that relate to specific projects from the ecosystem.
Many thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing back from you.
Manager, Institutional & Corporate Partnerships
Institute For the Future (IFF) at University of Nicosia (UNIC)