The project timeline and the path forward
We are very excited to release our first official development roadmap for the Nervos Network including all of the various components within our network. If you haven’t already we highly recommend to read out technical whitepaper first as this will provide a lot of context into our roadmap going forward.
Below is an overview of our development roadmap for Nervos Network including the progress our team has made to date.
- Nervos Network was founded
- Released Nervos Common Knowledge Base (CKB) technical whitepaper
- Started development on the first CKB proof of concept
- Finished development on the first CKB proof of concept
- This included an alpha blockchain with a multi-node system, synchronization scheme between nodes, and the mining & transferring process of cells.
- Completed & announced our pre-sale funding
- Released Nervos AppChain (Alpha Version)
- Released dApp wallet: Neuron (Alpha Version)
- Released blockchain explorer: Microscope (Alpha Version)
- Releasing the Nervos CKB Consensus Paper
- Releasing the Nervos CKB Virtual Machine RFC
- Releasing the Nervos Token Economics Whitepaper
- Open sourcing the Nervos CKB
- Creating Nervos Request For Comments (RFC) process
- Releasing the Nervos CKB Testnet
- Releasing Nervos AppChain (Beta version)
- Releasing dApp wallet: Neuron (Beta version)
- Releasing blockchain explorer: Microscope (Beta version)
- Nervos CKB Mainnet Launch
- Token Generation Event
Building a multi-layered architecture
To share a little more context on how all of the components come together to build the Nervos network, below is a short description of each layer.
Nervos Common Knowledge Base (CKB)
Nervos CKB is the foundation of the Nervos Network. The CKB is the common knowledge layer which will broadcast consensus, provide security, and storage for all decentralized applications built on top of the network.
On top of the CKB is the generation layer which will do all of the heavy liftings in the Nervos Network. Nervos is designed to work with any and all second layer solutions and we are building our own second layer solution called the Nervos AppChain, as a proof of concept.
Nervos Wallet (Neuron)
Our wallet, named Neuron, will be built with decentralized applications (dApps) in mind. Because of the layers architecture of Nervos the end-user devices themselves will also be able to do all of the computational state-generation on device and push this down to the CKB layer.
Nervos Block Explorer (Microscope)
Our block explorer, named Microscope, will allow all users to be able to view transactions across the network & across all layers of the Nervos Network.
All of these components come together to build a network that is scalable, built with layer 2 solutions in mind, and architected for all forms of decentralized applications. Our goal is to usher in a new paradigm of decentralized application development and help developers build dApps for mass consumer adoption.
For more detail & updates we highly recommend checking out the Nervos Foundation Github. Be sure to follow our other channels as well to keep updated on our progress.
Official website: http://nervos.org/