The team has been busy preparing the next release v0.19.0. We have made quite a few changes since the last update.
We have designed a new serialization format. This will be used in p2p messages, database storage and hash digest. After the change, it is possible to compute transaction hash and block hash in other programming languages. We’ll publish the serialization wire format specification soon.
Update the difficulty adjustment algorithm according to the consensus paper.
After benchmark, we discover that the CKB node fetches a single transaction from the database more frequently than getting all the transactions in a block. Originally the transactions in a block are stored together. This PR stores transaction in its own slot.
Implements the type ID checker in rust ( @xxuejie ).
Adds the feature dep group ( @TheWaWaR ).
Refactors the deps and splits it into
This post describes what the transaction structure will look like in the new version. The second part is scheduled to introduce several extensions, such as code locating type script hash, type id, and dev group.
Changes in P2P
- #177: Fixed listen error address mistake
Changes in CKB CLI
- #48: Fixed jsonrpc-client thread leak
Changes in Toolchains
- Released v0.18.0
- Fixed NervosDao issues (Ruby)
- Updated transaction structures per CKB changes
- Implemented Keystore import
- Implemented sync with Indexer RPC module
- Implemented tx cycles calculation
- Added more e2e tests
- Tweaked performance for Address and History lists
- Added occupied capacity calculation
- Updated tx fee calculation to include support DAO reward
- Adapted English localization
- Fixed data sync issue
- Updated chart to exclude dates for the first 5 epochs
Originally published on Medium