- Is there some chart/table to compare the performance (especially the time cost of the call) between dynamic loading and exec?
- Is there some more intuitive description about
Fixed 500 cycles? e.g.
500 cyclescan cover how much size of a contract (in CKB)?
- The docs of
execis very poor.
a. The most detailed docs is rfcs/0034-vm-syscalls-2.md at master · nervosnetwork/rfcs (github.com)
b. The official docs is still
dynamic loading, and has nothing about
Is there more details about exec, especially the time cost of the call between dynamic loading and exec?
- The difference in performance is negligible.
- When a script starts a system call, it will consume 500 cycles and
execis a system call. This consumption is independent.
- We are updating the documentation, you can read a draft here.