(DISCUSSION) How about paying CKB Grants in Stablecoin instead of paying in CKB?

Hi Nervos Community,

Recently we saw some recovery in price of CKB.

So I was thinking why not pay grants or DAO Grants in stablecoins like USDT or USDC instead of paying them in CKB.

Because grantees will have to sell the CKB after the approval and it dilutes the value in CKB (Larger the grant, larger the dilution).

What do you think about this core members of NERVOS?

嗨,CKB社区,

最近我们看到CKB价格有所回升。

所以我在想,为什么不在USDT或USDC这样的稳定城市发放助学金,而在CKB发放呢?

因为被授予者将不得不在批准后出售CKB,这稀释了CKB股东的价值(授予越大,稀释越大)。

你如何看待NERVOS的核心成员?

But where is this USDC coming from?

The fund consists of CKB, so at some point is has to be sold to pay the grant.

Even if the DAO did a big OTC sale to limit the price impact, you’ve then got someone out there with a heap of CKB they could dump, so you’re actually even worse off.

The DAO grants aren’t going to be huge amounts so I doubt there will ever be any real impact to the price from any selling anyway.

But the main reason I think this isn’t a good idea is that we are at an almost ATL price, this is not the time you would do something like this. When we’re at ATH again, then this could be something to consider.

但这个USDC是从哪里来的?

该基金由CKB组成,所以在某些时候必须出售以支付补助金。

即使DAO做了一个大的OTC销售来限制价格影响,你也会有一个人在那里有一堆CKB,他们可以抛售,所以你实际上更糟糕。

DAO的拨款不会是巨额的,所以我怀疑任何出售都会对价格产生真正的影响。

但我认为这不是一个好主意的主要原因是,我们几乎处于ATL价格,这不是你做这种事情的时候。 当我们再次处于ATL价格时,就可以考虑这样做了。

Ecosystem fund is CKB, the goal is spreading ownership of CKB as far as possible.

Additionally, there’s nothing to say a grant recipient is required to liquidate CKB, on the contrary they are incentivized to hold onto as much CKB as possible.

1 Like