Currently, only NervosDAO users can participate in community voting and governance. However, many NervosDAO users deposit their CKB and become disconnected from the community. This creates a situation where those with voting rights lack the time to engage in governance, while those with the time don’t have voting rights. To address this, promote decentralized governance in the CKB community, and involve more CKB holders in community discussions and decision-making, this proposal is presented.
This proposal suggests that ordinary CKB holders (whose CKB is not stored in NervosDAO) should also be allowed to participate in the CKB Community Fund DAO voting. The voting weight will be 1% of the CKB amount held in their wallets. In other words, for any CKB address, the voting weight calculation formula will be:
P = CKB amount deposited in NervosDAO + circulating CKB balance * 1%.
(Previously, only the CKB amount deposited in NervosDAO was considered in the vote count for a specific address.)
- User A has 1,000,000 CKB deposited in NervosDAO and a balance of 500,000 CKB in circulation. His vote count, Pa, would be 1,000,000 + 500,000 * 0.01 = 1,005,000.
- User B holds 2,000,000 CKB, all in circulation. His vote count, Pb, would be 0 + 2,000,000 * 0.01 = 20,000.
The following two scenarios need to be considered:
- Circulating CKB can be freely transferred, and without control, individuals might continuously transfer their circulating CKB during the voting period to increase their vote count.
- User Alice has her CKB deposited in NervosDAO with CKB address A1. She logins and binds her Metamask wallet address A to vote. Before the voting proposal is closed, her deposit might be withdrawn from NervosDAO and re-deposited, and she switches to a new Metamask wallet address B, binding it to a new NervosDAO address B1 for voting.
Therefore, during the voting period, we need a refresh mechanism to reflect any changes in the CKB balance associated with participating addresses, ensuring the validity of vote counts. The real-time requirement for this refresh mechanism is not high.
本提案建议，CKB的普通持币者（其CKB未存入NervosDAO）也可以参与CKB Community Fund DAO的投票，投票权重为其钱包持有CKB数量的1%，也就是说，对任何一个CKB地址，投票票数计算公式为：存入NervosDAO的CKB数量 + 流通的CKB余额*1% ，而此前对某个地址的票数统计只计算了存入NervosDAO的CKB数量。
* 用户A 的pw钱包里，有1,000,000CKB存入NervosDAO，还剩500,000CKB处于流通状态，那么他的票数Pa = 1,000,000+500,0000.01 = 1,005,000；
* 用户 B的pw钱包里，有2,000,000CKB，全部处于流通状态，那么他的票数Pb = 0 + 2,000,0000.01 = 20,000；
* 用户Alice的CKB 存在NervosDAO中，CKB地址为A1，他使用Metamask 的钱包地址A 登录并绑定A1进行投票；在投票提案关闭前，他的存款可能会从 NervosDAO中提取出来，重新存入NervosDAO，之后他换了一个新的Metamask钱包地址B并绑定了新的NervosDAO地址B1进行投票。