CKB Community Fund DAO Rules and Process

my doubt is how long my tokens will have to be blocked for sending the proposal and thank you for the information, it is very well explained, I am excited to finally be able to contribute

@12Web3 Hi buddy, what does “be blocked” mean? Could you please elaborate?

If you don’t want your CKB locked in Nervos DAO for a long time, a recommended way is not to deposit your CKB in Nervos DAO until your proposal enters Phase 2 (when you need to create a poll on Metaforo). The voting stage will last 7 days, after that you can start to withdraw CKB from Nervos DAO (and it takes about a month to get your CKB back).

2 Likes

perfect that’s exactly what I wanted saver thanks

Hi @neon.bit , thanks for your feedback.

I discussed this with the Metaforo team, and they agreed to add support for binding multiple Nervos DAO deposits to a single account. The completion of this feature will take some time, and I will keep you informed when it’s done.

7 Likes

Excellent news @JackyLHH

Many thanks

2 Likes

Hi @neon.bit , just wanted to tell you that Metaforo has added support for binding multiple Nervos DAO deposits to a single account. You can click Bind New Address to do so. Thanks.

4 Likes

after you get 30 likes, do you already do the phase 2 process or do we have to wait for some approval?

Hi @12Web3, according to the rules :point_down:

Allow sufficient time (one week) to help the community fully understand the proposal’s content and budget and enough time to allow the community to discuss and give the proposer suggestions and comments for changes.

So, please wait until January 25, then you can create a poll on Metaforo (the voting will also last 7 days, and please follow the instructions to create the poll), thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, perfect

There’s a problem with the getting the ‘30 likes’ system. What if someone creates 30 google accounts then spam the votes with malicious intention. We need alternative solution to the spam/self-voting mechanism.

2 Likes

Getting the 30 likes is the easy part, the real game starts at the next stage where we have to actually vote for the proposal.

But I do agree that 30 likes is pretty low and could eventually lead to Metaforo getting spammed with low quality proposals, but maybe it was set low just for this early stage and can be changed when there is a lot more engagement in this forum.

5 Likes

Updates (April 13, 2023)

The rules of CKB Community Fund DAO were amended to include “Any airdropping of assets to DAO voters is prohibited” in the “Amendment” column in accordance with the final voting results of the proposal Ban incentivized voting in DAO. (Source)

4 Likes

Updates (April 19, 2023)

The rules of CKB Community Fund DAO were amended to include “On Metaforo, votes are calculated based on the current Nervos DAO deposits held by the voters. Unlocked or withdrawn CKB will not be counted towards the voting weight.” in the “Amendment” column in accordance with the proposal [VOT] 修改票数的计算方式 / Changing How Votes Are Calculated. (Source)

P.S.
Thanks to the Metaforo team, they have already implemented the changes.

4 Likes

Updates (June 27, 2023)

The rules of CKB Community Fund DAO were amended to include

• Implementation of Staged Payments for Budgets Exceeding $10,000
    • Proposals with budgets exceeding $10,000 will be divided into multiple stages or timeframes for payment disbursement.
    • The initial funding will be limited to 20% of the budget, with a maximum cap of $10,000.
    • Subsequent payments will be determined based on specific milestones or goals. Proposals should clearly outline the estimated timeline, costs, and deliverables for each stage, with evaluations and confirmations conducted at the end of each stage.
    • Upon receiving funding, proposers must regularly update the community on project progress and submit necessary progress reports at the end of each payment stage. Reports should include information on project milestones, goal achievement, and fund utilization, allowing the community to review and confirm the necessity of subsequent payments.

in the “Amendment” column in accordance with the proposal – [VOT] Meta-rule change: Implement staged payments for proposals with a budget exceeding $10,000|对预算超过$10000的提案实行分阶段付款

(Source)

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be best to have a set amount required eg 40,000,000 CKB? As otherwise projects can propose 10,000,000 CKB with the requirement of 30,000,000 CKB to pass and then buy the required CKB to ensure a pass.

Most votes on Metaforo for the Community Fund seem to get around 25,000,000-35,000,000 CKB taking part in the vote, this seems like it could be easily manipulated? The official proposals seem to get much higher numbers taking part in the votes, maybe it would be best to announce all proposals like official proposals to get more community members taking part in votes and reduce the possibility of manipulation?

Without atleast 100,000CKB I wouldn’t be able to apply for a grant?

Hi @BaaniBenjamin , if your proposal enters the voting stage, yes, you need to have at least 100k CKB stored in Nervos DAO.

Sir Jacky
Please can I get your telegram handle?

Hi Sir/Ma’am good day, I am Ren, one of the marketing manager of big youtuber @danjocapitalmaster, We have 462,000 subscribers on youtube. I saw your project its really cool, Can I promote your project for paid services? we can help you make it viral, big with real users on board and honest review. https://www.youtube.com/@DanjoCapitalMaster/videos

We have 470,000+ youtube subs, combined 1,000,000+ social media followers and 11k+ members exclusive 3 groups. If you are interested just dm me in telegram: @renesto802 or discord: @renren7187

Official blue tick verified Youtube channel with 470,000+ subscribers is

Official blue tick verified facebook page link is: Danjo Capital Master

Official blue tick verified instagram link is: https://www.instagram.com/danjocapital/

Official blue tick Twitter page: https://twitter.com/CapitalDanjo

Official telegram exclusive 10k group members is: Telegram: Contact @danjocapital

GOOGLE LINK:Danjo Capital - Google Search
News: Zip | URL Shortener

Message me in telegram if you want a proof and verification: @renesto802

Thank you

Hi Ren,

This is a community run DAO that has funding available for projects that the community agrees offer value to CKB.

If you read the first post in this thread it explains the process of submitting a proposal, so you will need to follow that process and then the DAO members can asses your proposal and decide to fund it or not.

2 Likes