CKB 3 year anniversary AMA

As we approach 3 year anniversary of CKB mainnet, I want to create a topic for us to ask any question about Nervos. Core team and the Chinese community are organizing a similar event recently, we can post any questions in English in this topic as well, people will look at this!

Any question is welcomed, no matter it’s L2 (godwoken / axon) or L1/L2 dev experience / tooling or anything in general.

Project ideas are also welcomed! Maybe there’s a usecase you have in mind and some dev seeing the post will build it!

I asked this on twitter but nobody answered yet.

Inflation Q for @NervosNetwork

Why did Nominal Inflation (supposed to be around 11% based on Nervos Explorer) increase All cell count 56% just in the last 6 months from 18.6M to 29M cells? Live cells had an impressive BUT lesser 46% growth in same period from .777M to 1.1M.

@matt_bitcoin

All cell count on CKB Explorer does not match the Total Supply count on CKB Explorer. Total supply seems to represent the true inflation. So I guess my question is what is All cells and how/why is it different to Total Supply?

1 Like

My understanding is cell count has no direct relation to total supply. How much CKB a cell contains depends on how much data (measured in bytes) used on by that cell. So you could have 1 cell contains 100 CKB and another contains 10000 CKB.

That said, I don’t know where newly issued CKB from block reward are stored, either in single cell or new cell for every x CKB issued.

Hope the core team can chime in.